Cosmetic Dental Bonding
Cosmetic dental bonding can enhance and improve the color, shape, length, and/or size of a single tooth or multiple teeth most often in a single appointment.
Do you LOVE your smile?
Yes or No?
If you didn’t immediately answer yes or no…or you had to think about it, then there’s likely something that you’d like to change about your smile.
Do you have any of the following?
- Do you have an unsightly chipped tooth?
- Do you have unsightly spaces or gaps between your front teeth?
- Are the edges of your front teeth uneven or even jagged?
- Do your front teeth appear to be different sizes or shapes, not symmetrical?
- Do you have discolored, exposed root surfaces?
- Are your unhappy with the shade of your teeth even after trying teeth whitening
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, cosmetic dental bonding may be the best option for you to love your smile once again.
What is dental bonding?
Dental bonding is a versatile, tooth-colored, acrylic based dental material that dentist use to restore and enhance the appearance of natural teeth. Dental bonding material is available in a multitude of natural tooth shades to closely match the shade of your existing natural or whitened teeth.
The term dental bonding is synonymous or sometimes referred to as:
- Dental veneer
- Tooth colored or white filling
- Dental composite
Dental bonding procedure
Completed in a single dental appointment***
- Dental assistant will take “before” digital photographs of your smile and select a composite shade that closely matches the shade of your teeth.
- Dentist will prepare desired teeth for placement of composite dental veneers.
- Dentist will place and bond composite material in incremental, thin layers on desired teeth to improve the aesthetics of desired teeth. In between each layer, the dentist will cure the material using a dental curing light that emits a blue colored light. This instantly hardens the dental composite material.
- Afterwards, the dentist will use a variety of finishing tools to smooth, contour, and polish your composite dental veneers.
- Lastly, you’ll be given a mirror to see the amazing results of your transformation. The dentist will review post appointment instructions and have your dental assistant take “after” digital photographs of you newly enhanced smile!
***Wait one week after whitening your teeth before scheduling dental veneer appointments. This will ensure a more natural shade match for your dental veneers with adjacent teeth.
***If your dentist suspects that you clench and/or grind your teeth, your dentist will recommend fabrication of a mouth guard, worn while you sleep, to protect your new dental veneers from chipping and or fracture.
How to care for dental veneers
Caring for your new dental veneers is no different than caring for your natural teeth. We recommend that you brush two times per day and floss daily, and have your teeth professionally examined and cleaned every six months.
It is also best to minimize the intake of staining foods and beverages in order to prevent unsightly staining of the margins of your dental veneers.
Cosmetic dental bonding pros and cons
- Cosmetic dental bonding results are permanent and long lasting.
- Requires only minimal removal of enamel (outermost layer of tooth) to achieve dramatic results.
- Affordable alternative to porcelain dental veneers.
- Cosmetic bonding does not last forever.
- Dental bonding margins may become visible over time with moderate consumption of staining food and beverages.
- Dental bonding may need to be replaced if bonded teeth develop dental caries (dental cavity) or is compromised from Bruxism (a conscious or unconscious habit of clenching and/or grinding of teeth).
Dentistry for the Entire Family offers complimentary cosmetic consultations
If you’re at all curious what your cosmetic options are to improve the appearance of your smile, Dentistry for the Entire Family offers complimentary, no obligation, cosmetic consultations.
Complimentary cosmetic consultation appointment (30 minutes)
During your consultation, one of our dentists will examine your teeth and afterwards discuss with you your available options to improve the appearance of your smile.
Afterwards, we’ll introduce you to one of our patient care coordinators who’ll provide you a financial estimate for each discussed cosmetic treatment to allow you to make an informed decision about improving your smile aesthetics.
Call (763) 586-9988 to schedule a complimentary, no obligation, cosmetic consultation or click the button below to request an appointment online.